Rosewood State Training School

The Maryland Asylum and Training School for Feeble-minded was incorporated by the General Assembly in 1888, and its name was changed by the General Assembly of 1912 to Rosewood State Training School. It is a permanent charitable institution, owned and entirely supported by the State of Maryland. The object of the institution was to furnish a home and a practical education for the feeble-minded children of the state who were not provided for in the public schools. Many children were of such defective understanding as to render them incapable of receiving proper training in the public schools, where they were brought into competition with those of normal intellect and where they could not receive the especial care and attention absolutely necessary to secure mental development. In most instances they required training specially adapted to their condition. More history...

r_f_01_small.jpg r_f_02_small.jpg r_f_03_small.jpg r_f_04_small.jpg r_f_05_small.jpg
r_f_06_small.jpg r_f_07_small.jpg r_f_08_small.jpg r_f_09_small.jpg r_f_10_small.jpg
r_f_11_small.jpg r_f_12_small.jpg r_f_13_small.jpg r_f_14_small.jpg r_f_15_small.jpg
r_f_16_small.jpg r_f_17_small.jpg r_f_18_small.jpg r_f_19_small.jpg



Copyright 2007-2014 - Thomas Industries - All rights reserved